Impact lesson and camp programs will be running outdoors this year, while strictly adhering to guidelines from the Province of Ontario. Since the summer of 2020, we have implemened additional measures to ensure a safe environment for participants, volunteers, and staff. We will keep this page updated with any new information or changes, as mandated by Ontario Public Health. The safety of our community is our primary focus, and we will always be honest and transparent about what we’re dealing with.
As we move ahead with summer sessions of Impact programming, we will keep this space up-to-date with policies and protocols.
• Program capacity – Summer Camp programs will host 2 cohorts, each consisting of 15 participants + staff. We will maintain these numbers and adjust to any changes made in the Safety Guidelines for Day Camps (Ministry of Health, Ontario)
• Masks/face-coverings – We require all staff and participants to bring a mask/face-covering with them to camp. Masks are not required through the day, but we will have them in case of a participant or staff becoming symptomatic, and/or for any instances where people in different cohorts are in close proximity to one another.
• Verbal screening – Before each camp day begins, participants will be verbally screened. If your child or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms associated with Covid, please stay home!
• Sharing of equipment – Loaner equipment will be sanitized between each sessions. We strongly urge all participants to use their own safety gear and skateboards, wherever possible.
• Hand washing and sanitizing protocols – We require that all participants and staff members carry their own hand sanitizer and use it throughout the day, and anytime hand-contact is made with a potentially contaminated surface.
• "Hands-off" approach to instruction – Impact staff will not be providing physical support to participants. Pre-pandemic, supporting participants by hand-holding or helping to adjust posture was a regular part of instruction, but in the interest of everyone's safety, only verbal instructions will be given, along with demonstrations. Please consider whether this will suit your child's age and temperament.
As we have seen throughout the pandemic, the rules change as the situation changes. We will are committed to prioritizing the health and wellbeing of participants, volunteers, and staff, and ensuring everyone has an awesome experience, despite of the challenging circumstances!
Please reach out if you have any questions!