Impact lesson and camp programs will be running outdoors this year, while strictly adhering to guidelines from the Province of Ontario. Since the summer of 2020, we have implemened additional measures to ensure a safe environment for participants, volunteers, and staff. We will keep this page updated with any new information or changes, as mandated by Ontario Public Health. The safety of our community is our primary focus, and we will always be honest and transparent about what we’re dealing with.
In the interest minimizing risk of transmission, we have required that all staff members be fully vaccinated*. As an additional measure, staff will also be tested weekly during the Fall Session. Please read through the rest of this page in its entirety and feel free to contact us with any questions.
• Program capacity – To ensure an adequate staff-to-participant ratio and maintain physical distance, we are accepting 20 children per class.
• Masks/face-coverings – We require all staff, volunteers, and participants to wear a mask/face-covering during programs, when 2m of distance cannot be maintained.
• Self-screening – Per City of Toronto guidelines, before each day of programs, participants should be carefully screened at home by their parent/guardian. Please stay home if:
your child or anyone in your household is experiencing new or worsening symptoms associated with COVID-19: cough, fever/chills, difficulty breathing, decrease or loss of taste/smell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. (If yes to any of these, get tested and/or contact a healthcare provider)
anyone in your household has one or more symptoms of COVID-19 and/or are waiting for test results after having symptoms (unless your child is fully vaccinated* or has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days and been cleared)
in the last 10 days, your child has tested positive on a rapid antigen test or a home-based self-testing kit
your child has been notified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or been told to stay home and self-isolate (unless the child is fully vaccinated* or has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days and been cleared, or public health has said the child does not have to self-isolate)
in the last 14 days, your child has travelled outside of Canada AND been advised to quarantine per the federal quarantine requirements
* Fully vaccinated means 14 days or more after getting a second dose of a two dose COVID-19 vaccine series
• Sharing of equipment – Loaner equipment will be sanitized between each sessions. We strongly urge all participants to use their own safety gear and skateboards, wherever possible.
• Hand washing and sanitizing protocols – We recommend that all participants carry their own hand sanitizer and use it as needed, before and after the lesson, and anytime hand-contact is made with a potentially contaminated surface.
• "Hands-off" approach to instruction – Impact staff will not be providing physical support to participants. Pre-pandemic, supporting participants by hand-holding or helping to adjust posture was a regular part of instruction, but in the interest of everyone's safety, only verbal instructions will be given, along with demonstrations. Please consider whether this will suit your child's age and temperament.
As we have seen throughout the pandemic, the rules change as the situation changes. We will are committed to prioritizing the health and wellbeing of participants, volunteers, and staff, and ensuring everyone has an awesome experience, despite of the challenging circumstances!
Please reach out if you have any questions!